OBTAINING A RESIDENCE PERMIT IN PORTUGAL FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY (ARI):
GOLDEN VISA or ARI-residence permit for investment activity.
The current legal provisions open the possibility for foreign investors to apply for a residence permit for investment activity, who have regular entry in the national territory (with valid Schengen visas or visa waiver recipients), through capital transfers, creation of jobs or the purchase of real estate.
Who can claim?
Nationals of third States engaged in investment activity, personally or through a company, leading, as a rule, the implementation of at least one of the following situations in national territory for a minimum period of five years:
1) capital Transfer in the amount equal to or exceeding 1 million euros;
2) creating at least 10 jobs;
3) acquisition of real estate in amounts greater than or equal to 500 thousand euros.
Covers holders of share capital of a company with headquarters in Portugal or in another EU State and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, with situation regularized.
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Proof of legal entry and stay in the national territory;
• Proof of health insurance;
• Request for consultation of the Portuguese Criminal record by SEF;
• Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or in the country where you resided for over a year;
• Proof of the situation regularized upon presentation of an up-to date negative debt statement issued by the tax authority and customs and Social Security.
This visa allows any investor to move freely and work in Europe (Schengen), without any restrictions.